Tuesday 3 January 2012

the day before.



New York. Is it really the concrete jungle where dreams are made of? well after hearing various stories from a wide variety of people throughout my christmas holidays, I have high expectations. I've never been to New York before but have dreamt and begged to go for as long as I can remember.
"The Big Apple" "The City that never sleeps" are nicknames that I'm sure haven't been lightly linked to the city.
After researching into the areas within New York, I am desperate to visit Williamsburg in Brooklyn, as well as DUMBO within Brooklyn. I love the slightly edgier outskirts of cities, Shoreditch and Dalston are my favourite areas of London, so it'll be interesting to see how they compare. Pictured is Marmalade, the vintage store on the Lower East Side, which I'm also tempted to visit.
As we are staying in Manhattan, I will definitely aim to visit the FIT Daphne Guinness exhibition. She's such an interesting and inspiring lady so I'm sure they exhibition will live up to her reputation.

Other than that I'm just gonna go with the flow, take the city in my stride and allow New York to adopt me as a native.
IM SO EXCITED!



No comments:

Post a Comment