Thursday 12 January 2012

Day 1. Ann Inc.

Ann_Taylor.jpg


We were lucky enough to have a meeting with the Ann inc team at their Times Square Building head office. After being welcomed with breakfast (I had my first ever bagel, woopeeee!) we were introduced to the team behind the retail stores Ann Taylor and Loft.
I was unaware of the two brands before are meeting, but was impressed by the brands desire to create a more boutique feel to stores, helping it to feel more personal and a comfortable experience. 
The sales associates receive vast levels of training, and have to complete an interactive interview to see how they would cope in a realistic environment. This level of training was obvious within the stores, as the staff were always on hand to offer advice and their service, something I feel we lack in the UK.
Past faces of Ann Taylor include Katie Holmes and current face Demi Moore, immediately suggesting they have a mid to older age range, similar market segment to Banana Republic and GAP.
Loft seems to be marketed towards the younger market with the manifesto of: "we believe the best relationships are built on trust." Loft's success is evident through them being ranked 2nd for brand advocacy out of 131 stores, just behind Victoria Secret.

Although I was impressed by our meeting and the staff there, when asked whether the stores would be successful in the UK, I would have my doubts. Whilst Banana Republic is popular in the US, it doesn't have a strong impact in the UK. I feel the UK market wouldn't get the brands purpose and incorporate the brands aesthetic.
I wouldn't wear either brand, and I don't know many people who would.

No comments:

Post a Comment